Monday, October 6, 2014

The ol' potato in the vagina gag.

My first blog post was about vaginas. I wrote about a recent study in the UK where 50% of women aged 26-35 could not identify a vagina on a diagram.

It was the most viewed post in Angry Boomer history (which goes back four whole weeks). And I've been chasing that high ever since.


The post had a lot going for it. For one thing, my business partner Bob Hoffman linked to it on his AdContrarian blog, and his devotees came in droves.


But let's face it, the subject matter didn't hurt. And neither did using the word "vagina" in the headline. So imagine my delight when my friend Cheryl Clements sent me this link: 



Yup.


Apparently a young Colombian woman popped a potato into the oven (if you know what I mean) after her mother told her that doing so would prevent pregnancy. "I believed her," said the world's most gullible 22-year-old.


Well guess what? After 2 weeks in solitary confinement, the potato started growing roots. [Insert "lady garden" joke here.] A startled nurse discovered the sprouting IUD when the woman complained of abdominal pain. Loudly I assume.


Anyway, you'll be happy to know the budding potato farmer is just fine and will live to discover new, less organic methods of birth control.


So besides the obvious, what do these two stories have in common? What links do our clueless girls in the UK to their clueless counterpart in Colombia?

I have no idea. But at least I got "vagina" in the headline again!

2 comments:

  1. For your next post about vagina, I would prefer the term, "fibromuscular elastic tubular tract".

    ReplyDelete
  2. My most viewed, most keyword tracked post out of 603 posts, is titled "Helen Mirren Poses Nude at 65". It has 5x the number of pageviews as my next best read post, "Fox News Rejects Christie Speech". It just goes to show a nude 65 year old woman trumps an obese loudmouth politician every time.

    ReplyDelete